This past weekend saw many a R&B chicks say “F the bullshit,” and they clapped back at their haters. Kelly Rowland at Keyshia Cole. Ciara at Rihanna’s childish BFF Melissa. Keri Hilson at Beyonce fans. Well, last night, another part-time R&B singer decided it was time for them to air out some people. But Drake took his airing out to an ENTIRELY different level. Check our “7 Things We Learned From Drake’s 5AM In Toronto” List below:
1) Drizzy is really feeling himself because he has the most #1 R&B/Hip Hop singles of any rapper in history. More than Diddy and Jay-Z, in only 4 years time. I mean, it’s not like he has the most Hot 100 #1’s, but it’s still a record, so kudos to you Aubrey.
2) Drizzy thinks the game needs him, even though most in the game hate him. They use him for their records to hop off of store shelves and hate that they have to rely on Drizzy to get a hit record. A possible shot at many of the new guys in the game. Oh, and definitely a shot at his boy, ex-boy, The Weeknd. This ninja Aubrey is REALLY feeling himself all of the sudden.
3) “Give these niggas the look, the verse, and even the hook. That’s why every song sound like Drake featuring Drake” Sounds like another shot at a certain rapper or two. My immediate thought goes to A$AP Rocky (“Fuckin Problems”) and French Montana (“Pop That”). Both songs featured Drake, and both artists went on tour with Drake before they made it big.
4) “Some nobody started feelin’ himself.” The explanation for this line on RapGenius, is simply a mugshot looking picture of The Weeknd. lmfao.
5) Anything happen to pop and I got you like Uncle Phil. Weezy been on that edge, you niggas just need to chill. If anything happen to papi, might pop a nigga for real. Drake is a ride or die chick when it comes to his boo, Lil Wayne. And Wayne is ride or die for Drizzy as well. Now we see why Nicki is slowly distancing herself from the YMCMB camp. She doesn’t want to intrude on the romance.
6) Sinatra lifestyle, I’m just being Frank with you. I mean, where you think she at when she ain’t with you. The “Frank” Sinatra reference could be another subliminal at Chris, with Drake referencing to Frank Ocean. Then taunting Breezy by asking him where he thinks Rihanna is when she’s not with him. Chris better check Rih’s luggage next time she “goes away.” Make sure there’s no OVO sweatshirt in there.
7) Drake is basically telling MTV to suck his dick. #5 Hottest MC? After this? Nah. He just made that entire list more irrelevant than it already is.
Nothing Was The Same drops September 17th.